Book Title: How the Wicked Run (A Boston Clairvoyants Novel) by Annabelle Lewis
Category: Adult Fiction 18+, 283 pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery, Thriller with Romance and Humor
Publisher: PePe Press
Release Date: Oct 2022
Content Rating: PG13 +M: Lots of cursing, kidnapping, all sex off page, no gore
Destined for Love and Danger
Sidrah Keeling, well-intentioned Boston clairvoyant and stalwart protector of her newfound family of psychics, purchases a country respite hours away from her grand Boston home. Lazy Pond Farm, just outside the town of Macoun, Massachusetts is an enormous fixer-upper, but it perfectly serves her agenda of fostering romance and promoting healing. In that order.
But instead, the group encounters trouble. Fate, as usual, has her own plans.
Macoun—named after the apple—is infested with racists led by a man who harbors terrifying secrets.
Will Jenny, Max, Sidrah, Leon, and Bones—the fabulous five—have the power to change Macoun? Will they be able to rescue those who need saving?
And what about love?
As the fates do battle, so will the lives between the wicked and the good. A twisted thread. Who will break? In How the Wicked Run, romance, mystery, and adventure collide once more for this enchanting family of audacious clairvoyants.
Annabelle Lewis is a pseudonym for the author who lives in Minnesota but was raised in Texas. An important distinction for those who understand both states. When you read her work, this diversity will explain a lot. An avid reader since she got her first bicycle and a library card, she discovered the world, first through books. The mother of two children and several furry ones, she stayed home to raise her family, then stopped to take a breath and searched for new worlds to conquer. She found it with writing.
The Boston Clairvoyants novels as well as the Carrows Family Chronicles all take on the battle between good and evil. Vividly portrayed and humorously written, the reader will root for the bad guys to be taken down by the ensemble and recurring cast of characters in each series.
Annabelle considers herself a champion of the screwed over. And a dog lover. And an incredible mom. Oddly, she’s not a good dancer.
My Thoughts on How The Wicked Run
6 Reasons to read How The Wicked Run:
- The Characters – Annabelle Lewis brings Jenny, Max, Sidrah, Leon, and Bones to life in some unexpected ways
- The Setting – I had no idea what I was getting into when I picked up this book by Annabelle Lewis as this was my first time reading one of her books but wow, did I get thrown into a wonderful whirlwind
- The Action – I felt like I was in constant motion, the book moved quickly and breatthless
- The Romance – I loved the hints of romance, they weren’t in your face the main theme but I liked how Annabelle Lewis wove it in
- The Genre Mash-up – I love reading mysteries, horror, and romance so a book that has all three? Its a win-win!
- The Series – I honestly didn’t know this was a series until I started reading. It did leave me wishing I had read the first few books first but it was still fun book!
Overall, I am so pleased with how this story shaped up and the way Annabelle Lewis conveyed her characters was truly great. I can’t wait to see where she takes the series next.
*I volunteered to read this book in return for my honest feedback.