Book Title: Race Against Time by Claire Eckard
Category: Adult Non-Fiction (18+), 192 pages
Genre: Creative Non-Fiction
Publisher: Cedar Fort Press
Release date: Jan 10, 2023
Content Rating: G for all readers
Flash was a pony that had fallen between the cracks-too small for most to ride, even for a Hackney pony, and too feral to be shown. What he needed was a person as small as he was-who had the guts and the patience to give a wild pony a chance. Then along came a little girl with a sensitive soul and a big heart.
Kyla Law was just nine years old when she met Flash, and neither of them could have anticipated that their partnership would make history.
In an inspiring true story of family, faith, and perseverance, Kyla and Flash’s relationship mirrors the journey we must all take in life: one of highs and lows, successes and failures-theirs just happens to be along a hundred-mile historic trail in the Sierra Nevada mountains-the setting for the most famous endurance race in the world. From the moment they met, to the moment they crossed the finish line, their tenacity exhibits pure spirit: the human spirit, the Holy Spirit, and the fire-in-the-soul kind of spirit that helps us climb mountains and cross rivers, literally and figuratively.
This story is about a girl and her pony, and how in one amazing day they inspired an international community, as Flash became the smallest horse to ever finish the Western States One-Hundred-Mile, One-Day Ride-the Tevis Cup.
Amazon ~ Target
add to goodreads
Claire Eckard is an award-winning author and songwriter who lives in Arizona. Claire loves to write inspirational stories, both fiction and non-fiction that have an impact on the reader. Often her books revolve around the amazing bond between animals and humans. She grew up in England and is obsessed with clotted cream teas and the tranquil English countryside of her youth. Claire is a frequent speaker at schools, events, bookstores and on various podcasts. More information on Claire and links to her latest projects can be found at www.claireeckardauthor.com.
connect with the author: website ~ facebook ~instagram ~ goodreads ~ bookbub
RACE AGAINST TIME Book Tour Giveaway https://widget.gleamjs.io/e.js
5 reasons you should strive to read this book in 2023:
- Claire Eckard clearly knows the subject matter she writes about. She vividly draws you in with all the little details that horse lovers know to be accurate
- The theme of finishing what you start. No one ever said life would be easy. And Claire Eckard brought forth every emotion in this race for endurance. I felt it all; the blood, sweat, tears, and the overwhelming sense of accomplishment when you complete it.
- The characters. My goodness, talk about good character development. Claire Eckard truly made me feel as if I were the one in the race!
- The connection between a girl and her pony, and the desire to pursue your dreams. I loved this aspect and it brought back the memories & dreams I had growing up to be a long distance racer.
- The Story of triumph, faith, and belonging.
This story was by far one of the best and most inspiring books I’ve read. Claire Eckard took a true story and brought it back to life before me. If I could I would say 1000 words about this book and why you should read it, why every horse loving girl/woman needs to read it. It is inspiring and a true manifestation of our dreams and desires on paper. I loved loved this book and I cannot more highly recommend it.